Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Day

So did everyone go out there and VOTE today and then get your free drip coffee from Starbucks?

I have to say, what a crazy time this is right now. Our economy is shot, but there is still a line at starbucks! That could only be because of the free coffe they were serving today. So on to the election. I must say I am so relieved that McCain and Palin did not make it. But I also have to say in my defense, what was McCain thinking by choosing this pagent girl?? Seriously, Craig and I laughed at every SNL skit about Palin. But in McCane's defense, I thought his concession speech was the best speech he has given during this whole campaigning thing. I actually felt sorry for him, and sad for him. Oh John, what were you thinking? On note of his speech, I hope we do all as AMERICANS (like a team, not individuals) come together and support the new president.

"I urge all Americans....I urge all Americans who supported me to join me in not just congratulating him, but offering our next president our good will and earnest effort to find ways to come together to find the necessary compromises to bridge our differences and help restore our prosperity, defend our security in a dangerous world, and leave our children and grandchildren a stronger, better country than we inherited. Whatever our differneces, we are fellow Americans. And please believe me when I say no association has ever meant more to me than that. It is natural. It's natural tonight to feel some disappointmaent. But tomorrow we must move beyond it and work together to get our country moving again."

Lets go America!! TEAM.

No comments: