As of recently, I feel our little girl is trying to breach her presence into this world a little too quickly. About a week ago I was having some contractions more intense than the normal braxton-hicks. Then the last couple days, I have been feeling somewhat painful contractions. Not too bad, like that time of the month, you know. Well last night I was awakened at 1:30 by this painful tightness in my back and belly. For an hour this was going on and I debated....should I call my midwife?? Its 2AM, I dont really want to wake anyone up if this is a false alarm. I contemplated driving myself to the hospital to be "checked out" and make sure this was not premature labor, but I decided I would wait and see how long this endured.
By this Friday, we are "out of the NICU" if the baby came early. And though that is refreshing, I would like her to stay put for at least 2 1/2 more weeks. We are not even ready for her! Ive been thinking for the last week...maybe we should get things ready....but it has remained only this...a thought. I seriously thought last noc/this AM that I SHOULD get a bag packed....I SHOULD find the car seat and wash it, and I SHOULD get the bassinet out and wash it. All things that I SHOULD do...but today I napped instead.
So, until I have any more, I wont worry about it. I will tell my midwife when I see her on Thursday, but in the meantime, I think Ill just monitor it on my own. Oh yes, and drink LOTS of water. Ive drank 2 liters so far today and still guzzling!
So BABY GIRL, we are not ready for you yet. STAY PUT!